Lead process engineer
Are you the experienced lead process engineer in our international water- and utility projects?
As lead process engineer you take overall responsibility in the process design and process control functionality of water treatment and utility design within our challenging international projects in oil, gas and (petro)chemical industry. You are responsible for development of complex deliverables such as conceptual process design, process simulation, heat and material balance, P&ID and PFD. Your playing field include conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layout development, design calculations, and equipment and material specifications. You will assist in training of other engineers by providing guidance in water technologies and you will coordinate them thru planning, cost development, management, and scheduling for assigned projects. As lead process you will be assigned as a resident engineer or as back-to-back of our other process lead engineer in projects in CIS countries and Middle and East Asia.
Witteveen+Bos is leading in the design of water treatment and utility solutions, both in the Netherlands and internationally. We provide reliable solutions and innovative applications of advanced water treatment technology. We focus on delivering quality, sustainability and added value in our projects using integrated 3D design methods and BIM (Building Information Models).
What we ask
- completed bachelor/master study in chemical or process engineering and ready for a new boost of your career
- a minimum of 7 years experience in process engineering of water related projects; engineers with more than 5 years general experience as lead process engineer on projects in the oil & gas industry and demonstrated affinity with water projects are invited to apply as well
- capability to manage a team of (process) engineers and to effectively operate within an international and multidisciplinary team
- proven experience in engineering and a broad technical knowledge of process design
- strong writing and presentation skills in English
- capability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to other (international) engineers and non-engineers
- willingness to work in our projects for an extended period in our foreign offices (long term position)
- sufficient independence to act freely in an international project environment.
What we offer
- attractive career prospects focused on growth to project leadership
- variety and versatility in water projects abroad
- cooperation with enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams
- scope for initiative and responsibility
- competitive salary and good benefits package
- participation in our professional program with skills training and personal development.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. From an inspirational workplace environment, our staff of more than 1000 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in the Netherlands and other countries. Our work requires new know-how and responsibilities all the time, so we consider personal and professional development essential and we facilitate it. Our employees aim to maximise their potential and deliver top-quality results. We offer scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship. The shares in our company are held by our own employees.
Applying for this position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Information on this vacancy can be obtained from mr. M.E. (Mark) Groeneveld MSc., telephone (+31) 570 69 76 08 or from mr. J.G.H. (Hans) Smit MSc. on telephone (+31) 570 69 72 04. Vacancy number 325-101.