Design Engineer Resilient Transport Infrastructures
Location: London, UK
Would you like to become a pioneer in our recently opened UK office, focusing on the design and delivery of excellent infrastructure for active travel?
We invite applications from urban civil design engineers who want to work in a multi-disciplinary environment focussing on resilient infrastructure. The ideal candidate would want to lead and collaborate on innovative active travel, public realm and general highway infrastructure projects.
Our London office will leverage a rich heritage of Dutch expertise in active travel and will focus primarily on resilient infrastructure work in the field of active travel and an integrated public realm, with opportunities for employees to work in the company's other diverse fields of engineering. You should embrace active travel within your daily life, walking, cycling and/ or using integrated public transport methods and be passionate about using your knowledge and practical experience to create great cities and rural areas whilst delivering value for money to clients both private and public. Your place of employment is London.
What we ask
- a qualified civil engineer with 3-5+ years post qualification experience including traffic and highway engineering and preferably chartership to one of the professional engineering institutions
- commercial (and public sector) experience including pedestrian, public realm and cycle infrastructure design
- a thorough practical and understanding of UK technical standards and regulations relating to UK
- highway and traffic engineering design and / or civil and structural engineering design
- road safety audit and quality assessor accreditation
- practical and technical understanding of UK procurement processes
- enthusiasm, a sense of adventure in a new company, creativity and willingness to innovate and an ability to motivate colleagues
- good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- good hand-drawing skills preferred.
What we offer
- an exciting and challenging position in a brand-new dynamic and creative organisation with a flat structure that does not rein in your ambition
- co-operation with enthusiastic international colleagues within interdisciplinary teams
- encouragement of continued personal development
- salary commensurate with market standards and good secondary benefits following.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and built environment. From an inspirational workplace environment, our staff of more than 1000 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in the Netherlands and internationally. We offer scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship. The company is employee-owned.
Apply for this position?
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Information on this vacancy can be obtained from Mr. R.J. (Richard) Lewis BA (Hons Dip TP), director of Witteveen+Bos UK Limited, telephone +44 77 71 45 49 47. Vacancy number 335-129.