Are you looking to work for a dynamic London-based organisation that encourages and facilitates your talent and potential as a civil highway and traffic design engineer? Witteveen+Bos Consulting Engineers is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial civil/highway and traffic design engineer to work in our new UK office. The person should possess a passion for achieving excellence in the conceptual to detailed design of highway infrastructures and public realm, focused mainly on sustainable transport and active travel on foot and pedal-cycle.
Working on a diverse range of projects undertaken in the UK by Witteveen+Bos and its partners, you will work closely with professionals from a wide range of expert disciplines, including urban designers, planners, landscape architects, architects, structural engineers and urban planners. As we are a new company you will have the opportunity to influence our development within a flat structure and to build your knowledge and exposure to a diverse range of projects through ongoing professional development. Your principal place of employment is London.
We have established a new office in the UK in London. Our aim, through engineering, urban design, planning and landscape architecture, is to enable clients to deliver their visions of resilient, inclusive and healthy cities and rural areas for the future. We invite suitably qualified, experienced and entrepreneurial people to join us on our new journey and help us to build our reputation for considered quality with added value, and our presence in the UK.
What we ask
- At least four years’ UK based relevant post-academic experience and a passion for the detail of great engineering
- Ideally a Chartered engineer, or close to Chartered status
- Experience in the private consultancy or contracting sector including client liaison and attracting new infrastructure work. Ideally with some public sector experience
- Design experience to detailed civil highway and traffic design using relevant software; we will want to see examples of your work
- Ability to guide and develop others within a company that has a flat structure that encourages individual entrepreneurship and development
- Positive about working with, and responsive to urban designers, architects, landscape architects, urban planners and occasionally elected representatives, stakeholders and the public
- Comfortable working with colleagues in other countries (mainly The Netherlands);
- An exciting and challenging position in a brand new, dynamic and creative organisation with a flat structure that does not rein in your ideas or ambitions
- Co-operation with enthusiastic and friendly colleagues working in interdisciplinary teams
- Visits to the Netherlands and/or Belgium as needed, with potential longer term opportunities to work on projects farther afield
- Encouragement of continued personal development
- Salary commensurate with market standards for your role and good subsequent secondary benefits for successful candidates.
Who we are Witteveen+Bos
Consulting Engineers is established with 70 years of experience and over 1,000 expert staff in 10 international office locations, working on a wide range of fascinating projects. We work in the fields of deltas, coasts and rivers, infrastructure and mobility, energy and environment, and built environment. The company is large enough to have established international renown for innovation and quality, yet it remains small enough to feel like a team and community made up of many integrated units. Better still, we are owned by our staff so everyone has a stake in our future growth.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Information on this vacancy can be obtained from Mr. R.J. (Richard) Lewis BA (Hons Dip TP), director of Witteveen+Bos UK Limited, telephone +44 77 71 45 49 47.