Would you like to join us in Singapore and work on high profile projects that require your experience and expertise in port planning and port construction?
We are looking for an experienced port engineer for our office in Singapore who is up-to-date with state-of-the-art planning and engineering of ports and who has the flexibility to travel in SouthEast Asia on a regular basis. Your extensive local and international experience will be of added value to ongoing and future projects in the region. Our projects in the region that require your expertise and input are related to port development, planning and port construction works.
The position of port engineer is part of our Singapore office, the regional office for Witteveen+Bos SouthEast Asia, and next to our offices in Vietnam and Indonesia. You will often collaborate with port and hydraulic/structural engineers from our office in Indonesia and top experts from the Netherlands. We offer you an opportunity to work at and out of our Singapore office.
What we ask
- Master degree or higher from a top university in civil engineering or mechanical engineering with a specialisation in preferably in transport engineering, port planning/engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in port planning and engineering projects
- Experience in two or more fields listed below:
- Execution of feasibility studies for new port developments or port rehabilitation
- Preparation of port lay-outs for container handling and/or general cargo
- Knowledge of port cargo handling equipment
- Knowledge of handling port hinterland connections (road, rail and inland waterways transport) and berthing requirements
- Knowledge of access channels and turning basins
- Experience with port construction works, preferably internationally
- Experience with preparation of technical specifications and cost estimates
- Excellent advisor with good communication skills and collegial attitude towards team work
- Fluent in English is mandatory; Malay/Bahasa Indonesia is advantageous
- Flexible to travel abroad frequently.
What we offer
- A challenging position in a dynamic organisation
- Cooperation with enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams
- Scope for personal initiative and responsibility in projects
- Wide range of internal and external training courses
- Salary commensurate with market standards with basis a Singapore contract
- Good secondary benefits.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex Engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. From an inspirational workplace environment, our staff of more than 1,100 employees works in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in many parts of the world.
Our work requires continuous up-to-date knowhow and responsibilities. We consider personal and professional development essential and facilitate it. Our employees constantly aim to maximise their potential and to deliver topquality results. We offer scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship.
Applying for this position
If you are interested in this position, you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5, 2016. For further information about the position you can e-mail Mr A. (Arno) Kops, Director of our Singapore office, at email@example.com. Vacancy number ZZSIN6100161/liml/042.