Senior geotechnical engineer
Location: Jakarta Special Capital Region
PT Witteveen+Bos Indonesia is looking for an experienced geotechnical engineer for our office in Jakarta who is up-to-date with state-of-the-art geotechnics, preferably in soft soils.
Your geotechnical input is required for land reclamations, port development, coastal and river protection, construction works and slope stability studies. You will be contracted by PT Witteveen+Bos Indonesia, a subsidiary of the Netherlands engineering consulting company Witteveen+Bos.
Most of your work will be done in integrated project teams consisting of geotechnical engineers, coastal engineers and structural engineers. You will act as the senior expert on geotechnical aspects, both internally as to the client. You will be able to guide the team of (young) geotechnical engineers, perform quality control on international quality levels and support clients in decision making. Your work will be in an international setting in which English is the main language.
What we ask
- Master degree from a major (international) university in civil engineering with a specialisation in geotechnical engineering
- Familiar with the latest developments in geotechnical engineering
- Familiar with Finite Element Methods, preferably experienced in using Plaxis software
- Excellent advisor with good communication skills and collegial attitude towards work
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Minimal 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering projects
What we offer
- A key position in a dynamic organisation working on iconic projects
- Cooperation with enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams
- Ample room for personal and professional development
- Wide range of internal and external training courses
- Salary commensurate with Indonesian market standards and good secondary benefits.
You will be stationed in our office in Jakarta. Field visits throughout Indonesia will be part of your work.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1000 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship.
Please apply for this position using this online application form.
For further information about the position you can e-mail our Indonesia office at email@example.com